Friday, June 3, 2011

Hangover 2: It Happened Again!


Well folks, I can honestly say this one got me.  I was laughing around every corner and some of the things that happened... holy shit.  I'm still laughing at some of this stuff and frankly, my cheeks hurt. 

It happened again! The Wolfpack is back in a second night of forgotten memories, wrong people, and butt sex. No, I didn't stutter.  But I'll let you wonder if you haven't seen it.  This time, Stu is getting married and the big event is to take place in Thailand, or Thighland if you're Alan.  But this time, the gang is joined by Stu's lovely fiancée Laura's brother Teddy, who takes Doug's place as the missing person.  Oh, and did I mention there's a monkey that handles drugs for the dealers so nobody is caught? Awesome.

The thing that made this movie great was the combination of story elements from the first film, with a new twist and new scenarios.  Stu thankfully retains all of his teeth, but instead finds a badass tattoo on his face, which, needless to say, he tried washing off with water.. Alan's head is shaved and Phil, well, looks like hell.  

Also joining the Wolfpack in this installment is Chow, Leslie Chow, the super gay Asian guy from the first movie.  He is exactly as we all remember and also provides for, let's just say, some "small" laughs throughout the movie. I had to stop for a moment to laugh at that, but I'm better now.

I have read a lot of bad reviews for this movie, saying the jokes are stale and everything pretty much happens the way you would expect it to.  These people obviously have no sense of  humor.  Hangover 2 is loaded from beginning to end with funny shit, and it'll have you laughing the whole time.  This one is definitely a must-see, so get out there and see it!

I've included the trailer simply because it's funny, enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. Very good review. Hilariously funny movie with a great line up of actors. Zach, yet again, has taken comedy to another level.

    ReplyDelete